Make the most of your production dollars by spending them in Western North Carolina. The State of North Carolina launched an attractive new Film Incentive Program in 2010. Production companies that spend at least $250,000 in North Carolina are eligible to receive a refundable tax credit of 25% of in-state spending for labor, goods and services.
Eligible film productions include feature films, direct-to-video, episodic television series, movies of the week, television mini-series, reality television, commercials, documentaries, animation productions, and webisodes. Details about the refundable tax credit, procedures, and other incentives in North Carolina are available from the North Carolina Film Office.
Additional State Advantages
Other advantages come with the territory if you make your film in North Carolina. The state offers filmmakers:
- A Right-to-Work state welcoming, union, non-union and mixed productions
- A strong, industry-tested reputation
- Beautiful and diverse locations
- Experienced crews
- A growing infrastructure
- A temperate climate with four distinct seasons that generate greenery, colorful foliage and snow
- No-hassle filming. Almost no standing fees, permits, or regulations, and where there are, the WNC Film Commission will help cut the red tape.
People were here from LA, Spain, Greece – they all fell in love with the area, and the production manager liked the ease of filming in Western North Carolina.
, Executive Assistant & Assistant Corporate Secretary
Western North Carolina Film Commission
134 Wright Brothers Way
Fletcher, NC 28732
Email Amanda Baranski