Western North Carolina is a great place to raise a business, as 1,200 manufacturing companies and 300 technology companies can attest. In addition to the wonderful quality of life we enjoy in the Blue Ridge mountains, the 23-county region boasts:
Everything you need is in Western North Carolina. Improve your supply chain. Improve your golf game. Improve your bottom line.
- A fiber optics network and other broadband connectivity that puts us light years ahead of other largely rural regions.
- Available and affordable certified industrial buildings and sites.
- Attractive tax incentives and grants.
- Organized networks of entrepreneurs and angel investors.
- Excellent universities, community colleges and private colleges.
- A skilled, creative and motivated workforce of more than half a million.
- A transportation infrastructure that includes two interstates with easy access to three more.
- World-class recreation opportunities.
- Vibrant cities and towns.
- National heritage destinations, including the home of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
- Extraordinary arts, crafts and music.
- A mild climate.
- One of the world’s most biologically diverse ecosystems.
Working with us on the development of the county’s economic development strategic plan and supporting our EDC, AdvantageWest provides insight, experience and leadership. They are a critical strategic partner with Macon County.
, Senior VP, Corporate & Public Relations
134 Wright Brothers Way
Fletcher, NC 28732
Email Kathi Petersen